9556Re: [solectria_ev] DMOC vs Brusa controller

  • Collin Kidder
    Dec 15, 2013
      I've used a DMOC445 in the past so I'll comment based on my experience with that.

      #1: What is probably happening is that regen starts because the voltage is under the maximum voltage set in the DMOC. Then, the regen causes the pack to go over the set point and regen stops. This causes the pack to sag back under the limit so it goes back on. Repeat. You can prevent this by not trying to regen when the pack is right up near the limit or by charging to a lower voltage so that there is room for regen before the limit. Or, you can raise the limit so long as you keep it low enough to not damage your pack.

      #2: I can't speak to this so well because the car I had used an Elithion BMS that limited the throttle output when the pack started to get low. So, my experience is that it became harder and harder to maintain speed as the pack lowered. This effect was gradual and I never got any lurching.

      On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 6:19 PM, William S <william.swann2@...> wrote:

      I drove a Force today with a DMOC controller. I wondered about some differences.
      1. With a fresh pack, regen was in and out, that is, on for 1 sec and off for 1 second. Whereas with the Brusa force, there is squeeling sound with a fresh pack. Is the "in and out" regen, a characteristic of the DMOC?
      2. While driving in power mode with a depleted pack,the DMOC seemed to be lurching. Not the spongy response. Is this a characteristic of the DMOC, with a depleted pack?

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic