9544Re: [solectria_ev] RE: surging/vibration

    Dec 6, 2013

      Not quite sure I buy that, sounds like Tesla needs to adjust their field weakening model...

      The jerking when moving at speed in Solectria vehicles is more likely to be a worn spot on the throttle pot, which tends to happen around typical cruise speeds.

      Giving more or less throttle moves you out of the worn spot.

      On Dec 6, 2013 10:12 AM, <joeboxbaytown@...> wrote:

      I read where some Tesla owners had questioned surging/vibration at a certain speed. their tech support said it was normal with induction motors. it was something about magnet motor poles jerking on  the rotor as the controller fires them off. Slanting the rotor bars in the induction motor design buffers this but  is less effective  at certain rpm because of some geometric anomilie between rotor  and controllers rotating magnetic field . The motor moving in step can jerk wheel back and forth such as it pulls one way aceleration and other engine brake.

      Also

      Tritium ws 200 manual says having wrong weight in programing can cause oscelation with control loop. dont know if it applys not familiar with your setup

      hope this helps

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic