      Subject: [solectria_ev] DMOC Help
      To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 2:45 PM

      Hi,
      I' have posted the below message on the
      DIYelectriccar forums (linked below). I was just wondering
      if anybody else here had any further input on our
      issue.

      "I'm part of an engineering team that
      competes in the SAE clean snowmobile challenge. We are
      working on rebuilding one of our sleds, however we're
      having an issue with a DMOC controller.

      A bit of history first, before I was on the team the
      sled was controlled by a solectria UMOC 325, the year before
      i joined a DMOC445 replaced that and is mated with the
      solectria AC-21 motor. We have since built up a new sled we
      purchased another umoc second hand. This is the unit were
      having issues with. We plan to be installing it in the older
      sled which ran/still runs with with the orginal DMOC just
      fine. Our issue is we can't get the
      foward/neutral/reverse switch, as well as the resistance
      values to be logical. When we look at the values in ccshell,
      instead of holding neutral, it will flash random #'s and
      occasionally neutral. If we switch it to forward or reverse
      we get the same issue. The values for the throttle signal,
      do the same thing as well.

      We have loaded different .par files on and that
      doesn't seem to have made any difference. We have also
      pulled it apart and tried switching the board linked below.
      it's appears to be an input board that then runs signals
      to the main control system of the controller. We tried
      switching the boards between the two units with no chance,
      there was one combination we didn't try which we will
      after school resumes after break. We're thinking
      it's a firmware issue with the controller. However
      we're not totally sure, the board linked below has a
      slightly different part # and is revision # 14 vs #7 which
      is in both controllers. If we can be sure this will fix the
      issue we'd buy that board to swap it in but not totally
      sure.

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/AZURE-DYNAMI...p2056016.l4276

      Any help on this would be
      appreciated."

      On a side note we may also be dropping in a umoc
      and i believe all of our questions were answered here...

      http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/showthread.php/umoc-wiring-help-91279.html

      However feel free to add any input regarding either
      issue.
      Thanks in advanced,

      Newton
      ps thanks for the reminder i've been meaning
      to post this for a few days