9538RE: dmoc 445

  • joeboxbaytown
    Dec 5, 2013

      I am still near beginner level but with google and help from you nice guys on these forums you can do anything  I know where to start now at least ?  wolf had also posted  about pre-charge problems causing failures or delays to  communicate. We used it in a sailboat with no can computer setup so we had to ran it on test mode with a pot and directial switch. Then it died and reliability worried my dad so we swapped in a tritium ws200 with their.driver controls Awsome setup! our knowledge improving for the water maker we had no problem using an industrial 10 hp hitachi vfd to 3phase ac motor direct from dc thundersky batt bank. Thats why i am wondering if possible should i tie the control from a similar cheap vfd to the dmoc power section like tisher or repair the dmoc control. keep in mind i dont have a can setup this will be a backup controller but mainly a fun educational project

      ---In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, <collink@...> wrote:

      If you're that into hacking then why not try to replace the canbus transceiver chip? You could scope the RX/TX signals to the transceiver to make sure that the processor is still trying to send and then go from there to see if the transceiver is bad or if isolation chips are bad or what.

      On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 8:48 AM, <joeboxbaytown@...> wrote:

      if you have a dmoc 445 that quit talking to computer and would only run in testmode anyway (can model) is it worth hacking the power section to another control section and if so which would work best.If not what else?

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic