9505early USE vehicles

  • Steve Hawkins
    Nov 20, 2013

      I folks,

      I sent this note to the USElectricar list and didn’t get any responses.  Hoping there might be some folks on the Solectria list that might have some feedback …

      I am trying to look up some history on early USelectricar conversions.
      Hoping someone can help me out with this.
      Best I can tell the first conversions were in '93/94 with the S10s.
      I am restoring a couple of the original early thin-paddle Hughes Magne Charger units that, I believe, were an add-on option/alternative charging option on these early trucks.
      I am hoping someone has knowledge, or parts, or (especially) one of the early 'paddles' or 'pedistal chargers' for these early units.
      The early paddles were thinner, about 9mm (.335 in.), then the later units.
      I understand that all these early thinner paddles were recalled due to failures, and then they started with the later thicker (1/2") paddles that the '95 and after Magne Charge based cars have.
      Any information or leads on parts would be appreciated.
      Happy THGVG to all.
      Thanks,
      Steve
      http://www.tzev.com/1994_MC_thin_paddle_LPI_paddle-side_components_.html