      From: Wolf <wolf@...>
      To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:08 AM
      Subject: Re: [solectria_ev] Bad motor encoder simulation

      I could not find a good pic of the cap you need to replace...
      Ok, look at the pic.
      On the right hand side there is a yellow sticker that has "58" written on it.
      To the left is a red polycap.
      To the left of that is a blue cap.
      Above that is a smaller blue cap.
      To the left of that is a larger 220uF 25V blue cap.
      Replace that cap.
      It is the standby supply hold up cap, that should fix your controller.
      On Nov 19, 2013 10:30 AM, "Rex Allison" <ev64bug@...> wrote:

      Thanks for the video.

      Very interesting that the controller only needs a good temperature sensor resistor value to be happy.

      I made a breakout box and brought out my encoder signal to a hand held scope. The signals look fine. My problem is in the controller. I've had the problem on cold damp mornings. Once the controller warms up the problem goes away. I was able to warm my controller with a heating blanket for an hour and have it go away.

      Have you traced the encoder signals (circuitry) thought the internal boards on the AMC325?

      It would be great if a schematic could be released for these (almost) 20 year old controllers.

      Thanks,
      Rex