9240Re: [solectria_ev] Re: Solectria to DMOC Adapter Progress

    Aug 8 6:57 AM
      Yup, the preliminary design is done and I have a functional prototype with
      simple gauges.

      Currently it is running on a wired Ethernet connection to a Wi-Fi router,
      so I just need to port the webserver over to the new Wi-Fi module.

      It is not an app, just a website you can browse to.

      I have it running on my Tegra2 powered (2 year+ old android tablet), and on
      my Droid DNA phone, using the chrome browser.

      It runs twice as fast on the phone, but it is acceptable on the old tablet.

      It also works with Apple products and has been tested with an iPhone 4, and
      an iPad 2 (testing on Apple products requires friends to stop by, since I
      don't own any Apple products).

      After porting it over to the new Wi-Fi module, I want to write some code to
      draw photorealistic gauges.

      Now, although the DMOC adapter was designed for another application, I have
      kept the wireless dash board application in mind for use in my truck, and
      such there are provisions to add two RS422 drivers and two RS232 drivers to
      pick up data from the battery charger and motor controllers. It also has
      enough analog and digital I/O to pick up all the switches, voltage, and
      current. And it also may conveniently fit in the center console. ;)