9232PowerCheq battery equalizers

  • rcreznyjr
    Aug 4 2:04 PM
      Wher can I buy the PowerCheq battery equalizers? Power Designers, the maker of these units does not show them in their product line-up. I need 9 more to completely equalize my battery pack. I'm still trying to figure out why my Force will not move at times. I think the problem is in the power switch for forward/reverse. The other day I pushed the vehicle into the shop to do some needed suspension work. After working on the front end and creating more problems due to rust I tried to see if it would move and sure enough it did. I replaced the front struts and top mounts and the right control arm. The large bolts that support the drive motor bracket came out but with the threads. The control arm rear bracket bolts came out after I soaked them w/ PB Blaster for a few days. The left side bolts are still frozen and one of the rear control arm bracket bolts welded in nuts broke free up inside the body. The large bolts holes should be easy to fix once I get the motor support bracket off. I'll be using a product called "Time-Sert". 14mm x 1.5mm hardened steel threaded insert. Just have to drill out the bolt holes with the drill bit in the kit, counter-sink the edge of the hole with the bit in the kit and re-tap the hole. Thread in the insert and screw in the expanding tool also in the kit. Sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't and the holes will have new and much stronger threads. The rear bracket nut will be more of a challenge. If I pry down on the bracket while using an air impact wrench I shold be able to get the bolt out. Once that happens I should be able to tack weld the nut in place. Wish me luck!............Rich
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic