9231Re: [solectria_ev] Shift Happens! Could use some advice, or a replacement motor

  • Charles Bliss
    Jul 31, 2013
      If the bearing is spinning in the end bell, you can find a decent motor
      shop or machine shop and have them sleeve the housing. This amounts to
      chucking up the end bell, boring it clean, pressing in a sleeve then
      boring it concentric with the end bell. This is not an uncommon problem
      in the motor industry. When reassembling, you will want to add shim
      washers and possibly a bearing spring washer. The helical gear can put
      a significant load, pushing and pulling the shaft. It needs to be
      assembled such that it doesn't do that.

      JB weld and other compounds WILL fail.