8883Re: [solectria_ev] HELP! Any NLG4's for sale or loan??

  • Newton Hausermann
    Apr 3, 2013
      I have an elcon for the project i'm working on and they had good service, i
      can't say how good as we have yet to have an issue with it. I called them
      up, took a few tries to get through to them (it's a small company) I was
      able to get the charger i wanted ordered and programmed within 10 minuets,
      it arrived well packaged and un damaged. The LED is just that... for
      changing the program/confirming your settings, it does it's job. For the $
      2 or 3 LED's or usb access would've been nice but I understand the hassel
      that is. I'm saying this from the perspective that $60 RC car chargers can
      do this. We don't have a ton of cycles on the charger, as were almost done
      with one vehicle and the other is very far out of balance so were charging
      it painfully slow with a DC powersupply because the eclon hits it with so
      much power the voltage on the high cells goes through the roof and the BMS
      kicks off the charger, brings the highs down within limit and then it kicks
      it off within minuets. No fault of the elcon unit though, as thats the
      charge curve we picked out and if the pack was in good shape I'm sure it
      would preform as it should. So the elcon is a good unit based off of my
      initial and limited use of it.