8850Re: latest lithium NLG4 profile posted to "files" section

  • geo_homsy2
    Mar 7 9:40 PM
      Actually, I did NOT balance my cells before installation. I probably should have, but they were all measuring within 10 millivolts, and I figured my BMS would (eventually) take care of any imbalance. And certainly my BMS will shut me down if they're badly out of balance at the bottom end.

      I charge to about 80% SOC to increase their lifespan. And so far, I've been into them for about 50 Ah and back, and they're all perfect. So, I'm pretty sure they're in a reasonably good state of balance. There's one that's a bit of a laggart when it's charging, but I haven't seen it sag during discharge. There are others with higher cell resistances. The low terminal-voltage guy seems to hold up fine under load...

      --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "russell_fauver" <russell_fauver@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for posting your charge profiles on here, it'll be a huge help once I get my lithiums. Did you balance your cells before you installed them?
      >
      > Russell
      >

      > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "geo_homsy2" <geo.homsy@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all-
      > >
      > > I've been hassling with my NLG4, getting my charging profile tuned.
      > >
      > > Sadly, no one else has added their charge profiles to the folder I created. I'd really appreciate it if people would do so, so we can compare notes.
      > >
      > > Anyway, I've uploaded my latest-and-greatest profile there. It has low-temperature charge denial, low-voltage preconditioning, and it uses a two-phase charge, with a 10-amp charge dropping to a five-amp finishing charge, up to constant voltage 3.4V/cell. Obviously one could bump up the current on the main portion of the charge. I just chose 10A because I don't need it any faster, and I don't want to zorch my NLG4 again, right after I repaired it (thanks, Wolf!)
      > >
      > > Other lithium/NLG4 users, PLEASE chime in and add your profile there.
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > >
      > > //Geo

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic