7961Re: Force market value for insurance claim

  • Robert
    Mar 3, 2012
      I've also had some difficulty when insuring my 1995 S-10. At first Gieco would only insure my S-10 as a gasoline vehicle, then after two years, and during a renewal follow up attempted to cancelled me because it was a highly modified truck. Eventually we agreed on $8K in coverage although I had wanted $15K. During the first two years it was only covered for about $3K. It seems, only new electric vehicles can easily be covered for their market value. During this situation I researched probably 8 different insurance companies and non would accept my electric vehicle as a daily driver. This was a big disappointment, and as Gieco indicated...they would not have insured me if it were not for their earlier mistake of providing insurance to me for the previous two years.That was a year ago, perhaps now things are better. Thanks for listening.