7957Re: Force market value for insurance claim

    Mar 1, 2012
      You also have the other insurance company to deal with if they are at fault and not a no fault state. Had this situation years ago and it was not a pleasant deal. You will likely have to fight against them trying to total the vehicle at geo market price based upon the vin#.

      You may need legal representation. Small claims court is another option if the other driver can pay.

      Mike R

      --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Todd" <larsthelean@...> wrote:

      > My 1997 Solectria Force (48K miles, 156V Lead-Acid pack, Brusa NLG5) was involved in a car accident last Friday (someone blew through a stop sign and hit my front driver's side corner). No one was hurt.
      >
      > The repair estimate is around $2500 in body & suspension work, but a 1997 Geo Metro is only worth around $1500. So, I need to demonstrate to State Farm Insurance that my EV is worth more than $2500.
      >
      > Can anyone provide me with any sales transaction values for a Force within the past 12 months?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Todd Martin
      > FVEAA
      > Elgin, IL