      From: Jay Grossman <jgrossm3@...>
      To: "solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com" <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2012 8:01 AM
      Subject: Re: [solectria_ev] Force market value for insurance claim

      Besides sales data you might look at the cost of the ev components. I had an insurance claim, where a fallen tree crossed several high voltage lines in the area sending 220 volts down a 110 line. This fried my chargers dual BC1000's. I had a local EV converter replace the charger. I also filed an insurance claim with my carrier Erie. The same question arose concerning replacement value of a Metro. The owner of the conversion shop explained to the insurance adjuster about the value of the parts in an AC system and convinced him that it would cost in excess of $10,000 to replace the parts alone. They paid the claim which was about $1,500.
      Jay H Grossman