7457Re: [solectria_ev] J1772 conversion cable for Solectria Force

    Sep 2 7:29 AM
      This post reminded me...

      Is anyone going to Jack's "ev con"? it is near Saint Louis.

      My dad was trying to talk me in to going... But it is way on the pricey
      side. :/

      Wolf
      *wags his tail*
      www.wolftronix.com
      On Jul 29, 2011 11:27 PM, "kevin lubot" <dexion111@...> wrote:
      > I think Jack went over this 2 weeks ago and last week as well for the guts
      of a J1772. I think he even included a parts list but i not sure. Also he
      talks on the blog. I have a $180 adaptor and have used it 2 times when
      needed (long trips beyond my 100 mile range.)

      > evtv.me for jacks site.

      between the new J1772 standard employed in the public charging stations and
      the connection on an older EV?

      > I have a 1995 Solectria Force which takes 240/208 Volt input and would
      like to be able to use the available public chargers but need to construct a
      cable to bridge between the two.

      > If there is interest I have done some research. Adaptors are available on
      the internet but the price seems to range between $190 to $250 per unit. It
      seems likely that a comprable unit can be constructed for substantially
      less. A bit of engineering is required to get around the input controls
      employed int the J1772 standards but the information to do this is
      available.