7455Re: J1772 conversion cable for Solectria Force

  • romastewart49
    Sep 1, 2011
      With a new adaptor, would you need to adjust or replace the charger? I am very interested in this, since none of the public charging stations in my area work with a level 1 or level 2 charger.

      --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "jgrossm3" <jgrossm3@...> wrote:
      > Has anyone in the Solectria user's group constructed an adaptor to bridge between the new J1772 standard employed in the public charging stations and the connection on an older EV?
      > I have a 1995 Solectria Force which takes 240/208 Volt input and would like to be able to use the available public chargers but need to construct a cable to bridge between the two.
      > If there is interest I have done some research. Adaptors are available on the internet but the price seems to range between $190 to $250 per unit. It seems likely that a comprable unit can be constructed for substantially less. A bit of engineering is required to get around the input controls employed int the J1772 standards but the information to do this is available.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic