7396Re: [solectria_ev] Looking for recommendation for charger for my 99 Force

  • Joel Meyn
    Aug 3, 2011
      I have been using a "PFC" charger I got from Thunderstruck Motors. I paid $600 a couple of years ago. It takes 110v or 220v, though it charges only slightly faster on 220v. I have been talking about getting a 2nd one and running in parallel for faster charging.

      From: larryO <larryoslund@...>
      To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:38 PM
      Subject: [solectria_ev] Looking for recommendation for charger for my 99 Force

      Hi all,
      I am about to send my Azure (3300) to Wolf for repair, but know he is backed up so it may be awhile.
      I have been charging all my batteries separately now but really just need to invest in a "back-up" charger. Pretty tire moving all the cables around and checking on the state of each charger. I always charge them each up fully before using again.

      Basic needs:
      156 volt
      110/220 switchable.
      longest warranty possible.

      Would like some recommendations and real world experienced with chargers you all have used.

      I have looked online at quickcharge.com
      They offer a 156 charger 110/220 switchable, (not-onboard), 3 year warranty for $932.80.

      I was hoping not to have to spend more than $500, but I am starting to feel that that may be unrealistic.

      Thanks to all who reply.

      828-216-7860 (feel free to call me if you like, or reply via post)