7395Re: [solectria_ev] Looking for recommendation for charger for my 99 Force

    Aug 3, 2011
      Sure, I will take the parts, I will contact you off-list.

      Yeah, with out the schematics, it takes quite a bit longer to fix things,
      due the reverse engineering involved.

      Especially on the BC3300, since the board that has the problem is always one
      that is surrounded by all the other boards... Which also makes it hard to
      probe and test things when they are in circuit...

      Case in point:
      There is a nice little photo coupler (that is used as an isolated voltage
      follower circuit), one side is connected to the incoming AC, the other side
      to the micro controller. It is used to detect the connected AC voltage
      110/220 and the zero crossing for Power Factor Correction... Well If that IC
      is shorted it applies lots of volts to the poor micro (and many other
      parts). That is what killed my working test charger. You only need to remove
      7 boards to get down to the board that has that isolator on it... But now I
      know that is the first thinkg to check, before swaping in a good board. ;)

      Wolf
      *wags his tail*
      www.wolftronix.com