7394Re: [solectria_ev] Looking for recommendation for charger for my 99 Force

  • Tom Hudson
    Aug 3, 2011
      Good luck on the schematics. Brusa told me who they sold those to and I never even got a
      "take a hike" reply from the emails I sent the guy.

      I finally gave up on my NLG4/BC3300s, though the one in the E-10 is still (mostly)
      working, and got an NLG5 for my Force. Built up a nice little interface box for it that's
      plug-compatible with the NLG4's 18-pin round connector (I set it up so that the connector
      from an NLG4 simply plugs into a pin-compatible 20-pin header on my PCB). Works nicely; I
      have some spare PCBs here if anyone wants one, they are two-sided Express PCB pieces with
      plated-through holes, really nice.

      Wolf, I also have a bunch of NLG4 parts here that you may want -- both NiCD and
      lead-acid. Cases, boards, etc. from all the units I've had to cannibalize over the years
      to keep my Force's charger working. They're just cluttering my shop right now. Let me
      know if you want 'em; if you will pay for shipping, they're yours. Consider it my
      donation to the EV cause. :-)

      -Tom

      On 8/2/2011 11:44 PM, Wolf wrote:
      > I wish I had a working spare I could send you, but I don't have any at the
      > moment...
      >
      > I had a working spare, but it got damaged when I swapped a board from
      > another broken charger into it. :(
      >
      > One of the draw backs to "swap-tronics" when troubleshooting...
      >

      > If only I could get my paws on the BC3300 schematics (or at least a parts
      > list showing the differences between the SAFT chargers and the GEL/AGM
      > chargers, I have a few SAFT chargers, but they have different parts
      > populated, and are missing some parts when compared to the lead charger, I
      > am reluctant to use logic, processor, gate driver, and I/O boards from them
      > in the other chargers)...
      >
      > Wolf
      > *wags his tail*
      > www.wolftronix.com
      >
      > On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 6:38 PM, larryO<larryoslund@...> wrote:
      >
      >> **
      >>

      >> Hi all,
      >> I am about to send my Azure (3300) to Wolf for repair, but know he is
      >> backed up so it may be awhile.
      >> I have been charging all my batteries separately now but really just need
      >> to invest in a "back-up" charger. Pretty tire moving all the cables around
      >> and checking on the state of each charger. I always charge them each up
      >> fully before using again.
      >>
      >> Basic needs:
      >> 156 volt
      >> 110/220 switchable.
      >> longest warranty possible.
      >>
      >> Would like some recommendations and real world experienced with chargers
      >> you all have used.
      >>
      >> I have looked online at quickcharge.com
      >> They offer a 156 charger 110/220 switchable, (not-onboard), 3 year warranty
      >> for $932.80.
      >>
      >> I was hoping not to have to spend more than $500, but I am starting to feel
      >> that that may be unrealistic.
      >>
      >> Thanks to all who reply.
      >> Larry
      >>
      >> 828-216-7860 (feel free to call me if you like, or reply via post)

      Thomas Hudson
      http://portev.org -- Electric Vehicles, Solar Power& More
      http://klanky.com -- Animation Projects
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic