7RE: [force_ev] I drive a '92 or '93 Force

  • Bill Passman
    Jul 6, 2000
      It is a Belt drive. No gears.

      Have they done a final mileage rating on the Prius yet?
      I am hoping that 2 hacks become available:

      1. Allow reprogramming to increase the speed at which the gas engine kicks in.
      2. Allow users to plug it in to recharge the batteries overnight without
      burning petrol.

      For me, with a short, low-speed commute, I would greatly increase my actual
      mileage.

      -Bill
      At 11:39 AM 7/6/00 -0500, you wrote:
      >Bill,
      >
      >Is that a belt drive version Force or does it have the gearbox? I forwarded
      >your message to a guy in Milwaukee who might be in the market for a Force.
      >
      >We were pretty interested in the Prius earlier this year, but it doesn't get
      >that much better mileage than our Saturn, so I think we're going to hold off
      >on replacing the Saturn for a while.
      >
      >-Tom
      >
      >Thomas Hudson
      >http://asterius.com/solectria/ho -- Electric Vehicles
      >http://asterius.com/solectria/ho/pvs.htm -- Solar Power

      Bill Passman, Quarry Technologies 781.505.8300 x329
      8 New England Executive Park, Burlington, MA 01803
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic