603Re: [force_ev] Re: 1993 Solectria Force on Ebay

  • JohnMcCain
    Sep 1, 2002
      Congradulations, I'm sure you'll love your new Force!

      When I bought mine, I towed it about 400 miles on all four wheels. In
      fact, it came with a tow bar that the power company (ex-owner) used to haul
      it to county fairs and such. No problem towing it, but I actually haven't
      had to since. My model ('92 Geo) has a Solectria custom single speed
      transaxle that simply spins the motor when it's being towed. With the key
      off, no problem at all.

      Mine also came with "dead" batteries... in fact they are dated '98. I
      figured I'd refresh them and use them for a few months... and I'm STILL
      using them. The daily commute is only 25 miles, and still holding up to
      that (But I don't drive it in the cold of winter). Of course, it took 6
      gallons of water to wet them when I got it, and about a dozen cycles to get
      any reasonable range from them.

      Cheers,
      JohnM
      '92 Solectria Force