5912Re: [solectria_ev] Force Battery Pack Supposed to be Isolated from Chassis Ground?

  • Collin Kidder
    Nov 2, 2009
      Y-Caps. The motor controller(s) should have y caps in them that are tied
      to ground. These will make it a shocking experience if you get yourself
      between them and the chassis ground. So I suppose the answer is that you
      *sort of* have chassis isolation. I'm sure you don't have a dead short
      or anything.

      On 11/1/2009 11:20 PM, Quin Garcia wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have a 2001 Force with a 156V PbA pack.
      >
      > Today I noticed something alarming: I am able to measure 60VDC across
      > Battery Pack positive and the chassis ground of the vehicle!
      >
      > I saw 0VDC across Battery pack negative and chassis ground of the vehicle.
      > I saw 4.8Mohm of resistance across Battery pack negative and chassis
      > ground
      > of the vehicle.
      > I saw infinite resistance across Battery Pack positive and chassis
      > ground of
      > the vehicle.
      >
      > These findings imply that there is not isolation between Battery Pack
      > negative and the vehicle chassis ground.
      >
      > Is there supposed to be infinite resistance between the battery pack
      > negative and chassis ground?
      >
      > If so, any ideas on how this short between battery pack negative and
      > chassis
      > ground may be occurring?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Quin