5911Force Battery Pack Supposed to be Isolated from Chassis Ground?

  • Quin Garcia
    Nov 1, 2009
      Hi,

      I have a 2001 Force with a 156V PbA pack.

      Today I noticed something alarming: I am able to measure 60VDC across
      Battery Pack positive and the chassis ground of the vehicle!

      I saw 0VDC across Battery pack negative and chassis ground of the vehicle.
      I saw 4.8Mohm of resistance across Battery pack negative and chassis ground
      of the vehicle.
      I saw infinite resistance across Battery Pack positive and chassis ground of
      the vehicle.

      These findings imply that there is not isolation between Battery Pack
      negative and the vehicle chassis ground.

      Is there supposed to be infinite resistance between the battery pack
      negative and chassis ground?

      If so, any ideas on how this short between battery pack negative and chassis
      ground may be occurring?

      Thanks,
      Quin