5591Re: [solectria_ev] Isolating a Solectria DC-DC converter

  • Ken Olum
    Aug 12, 2009
      I would be happy to have all this circuitry if it weren't connected to
      the case. I suppose perhaps I should have rewired it as
      HV+ -- C3 -- R4 -- R3 -- C2 -- HV- to preserve the snubbing ability
      without the case connection, but there is already a larger capacitor
      across the input lines.

      I don't think there's anything wrong with the components. The current
      carried by a 0.2mfd capacitor between half of a 240 VAC line and ground is
      I = V omega C = 120V * 2 pi 60 Hz * 2e-7 F = 9 mA, plenty to give you
      a shock or trip your GFCI.

      Ken
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic