5325Re:Charger options?

  • Robert D. Strattan
    Jun 1, 2009
      I'm in the same boat - I have a '97 Force with 156 V Deka 8G27 gel
      batteries. My Solectria BC1600 120 Vac charger went belly up. I was ready
      to by a Zivan NG3 until I talked with Gregory McCrea at Electric Conversions
      (ElCon) in Sacramento this weekend. He recommended his HF/PFC. I just
      closed the order for a 4,000 W unit he had in stock that will work for both
      120 and 240 Vac and is power factor corrected so it can be tuned to work on
      a 20 Amp 120 Vac circuit. Just slightly higher $s than the Zivan and has
      same charging profile ability. I have dealt with them before, and they know
      their business at ElCon.

      I strongly recommend talking to ElCon at (916) 441-4161, elcon@...
      before you make a decision.

      Is anyone else using the ElCon HF/PFC charger?

      Bob Strattan
      Tulsa, OK
      Email r.strattan@...
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic