      From: Ken Olum <kdo@...>
      To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, April 3, 2009 7:38:59 AM
      Subject: Re: [solectria_ev] Re: New and Old Tires Review

      >I have a Geo Metro Convertible and installed Kumho Solus KR21, 175/70-13. The
      >original tires were 155s as well. I found two different programs that
      >calculated about 8% slower rotation of tires due to the larger diameter which
      >results in a slower spedo and odometer.

      I'm confused. Did you have 155/80R13 before? I thought (see
      http://www.tirerack .com/tires/ tiretech/ techpage. jsp?techid= 46) that
      the rim-to-tread distance was proportional to the product of the first
      two numbers. 155*0.80 = 124mm, 175*0.70 = 122.5mm, nearly the same.

      In any event, wider tires (175mm vs. 155mm) don't seem desirable. For
      efficiency, you want narrow tires with lots of pressure, like a
      bicycle.

      Ken