4592Re: [solectria_ev] One cell of one battery - HOT

  • sioux ammerman
    Oct 14, 2008
      So the finish to the story is that I was lucky and it was easy.
      The battery was in the easiest place to replace it, right rear end one in
      the trunk. I checked the voltage on all the batteries and they were all
      within 0.07 volts of each other, including the new one. Some guy walked
      past and started asking questions about the batteries just as I was ready to
      pull the old one, so he was enlisted to assist. The new one slid right into
      the hole like butter, and the short test drive was very smooth. I need to
      get a different size nut and lock washer, and will be sure to crank it down
      tight.
      I'm back on the road!
      Thanks everyone for the advice and offers. I appreciate it very much.

      Sioux
      '96 Force fed by the sun.