4108Re: [solectria_ev] "Engine" missing.

  • Gerard (Gary) Carlson
    Jul 2, 2008
      Bill:

      Linear vs non-linear (logarithmic)? can be determined with an ohm meter.

      1)? measure the resistance between the two outer terminals.
      (say for example it is about 5,000 ohms)

      2)? Next, determine the degrees of rotation.? (270 degrees is a reasonable number)

      3)? Measure the resistance between one end and the middle terminal (the slider)
      at 0 degrees, 90 degrees, 180 degrees, and 270 degrees.

      4)? If the POT is linear you should see the following:

      0 degrees: 0 ohms
      90 degrees:? 1667 ohms
      180 degrees: 3333 ohms
      270 degrees: 5000 ohms

      If on the other hand, the resistance is all skewed to one end, you probably have a logarithmic POT.

      You can choose other degrees of rotation of course.
      Also, work to one significant figure.? Don't expect great accuracy.
      If you are an experienced techie, sorry?for the detail.? Maybe someone else will benefit.?

      I believe mine is linear.

      Good luck,

      Gary Carlson
      gjc0@...