      From: Wolf <wolf@...>
      To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, July 1, 2008 8:44:45 PM
      Subject: Re: [solectria_ev] Re: Overhaul Motor recommendations

      I went to Columbus North High School, which is a vocational highschool in
      Columbus Indiana.

      I helped build Solar Stealth 1, 2, and 3... and provided support and parts
      for 4. :)

      We raced in the Dell Winston Solar Challenge, and once in the Tour de Sol
      (shipping for the car over to australia was the prize for winning the
      Solar Challenge).

      The Solectria BLDC motor powered the first and second car.

      Then we switched to a New Generation Hub Motor which is still being used
      today:

      Here is the 4th version of the car (althow the number on the car
      incremented each year, this was the 4th chassis), with the New Gen motor:
      http://blog. wired.com/ cars/2007/ 07/green- flag-drop. html

      The New Gen motor actuly had an adjustable airgap between the rotor and
      the stator, so I built them a little controller for to maximize the RPM by
      adjusting the gap:
      http://www.wolftron ix.com/gap

      Link to the race:
      http://www.winstons olar.org

      There archives only go back to 2003:
      http://www.winstons olar.org/ challenge/ teams2003. shtml

      I was on the team 96, 97, 98, and helping in 99 (I was going to collage
      then).

      2003 was the last year the High School had a team (my youngest brother was
      team captin, so it started with me, and ended with my brother), the car is
      now with a church youth group that is restoring it, when I visit Columbus,
      I will stop by and help them out. :)

      A google search turned up the version 3 car:
      http://bp2.blogger. com/_zE_78rEbbkc /RfdZAVxsRVI/ AAAAAAAABdQ/ p9vNR9TwRbs/ s1600-h/9+ -+Solar+Stealth. jpg

      I can't find any on-line pics of the early versions of the car, it was 10+
      years ago, digital cameras where quite rare...

      Wolf
      *wags his tail*
      www.wolftronix. com