4097Re: [solectria_ev] Re: Overhaul Motor recommendations

    Jul 1, 2008
      My motors came like this:
      http://www.wolftronix.com/E10/images/P3250141.jpg

      They look like this when installed:
      http://www.wolftronix.com/E10/images/P4280346.jpg

      They have no active cooling, they just sit out in the open, so they
      probably get lots of air flow when moving down the road.

      They are also bolted to a big aluminium belt box, so that helps too. :)

      After driving back from work, they are typicly warm, but not so warm you
      can't touch them (you would be able to keep your hand on them for a long
      time with out getting burned).

      Both my controllers never get above room temperature, I have never seen
      the cooling fans ever come on either.

      My typical drive is 11 miles, in economy mode, under 50 MPH, on country
      roads. :)

      The entire writeup for truck the repair is here:
      http://www.wolftronix.com/E10

      Sensors can be repaired, you just need to replace the IR LED and photo
      diode unit.

      Wolf
      *wags his tail*
      www.wolftronix.com