339Re: [force_ev] Solectria Questions

  • John McCain
    Aug 13, 2001
      At 06:56 PM 8/12/01 +0000, you wrote:
      >1. Is this board still active?
      Yes, but not very much traffic lately. It comes alive when someone has a
      question.

      >2. I'm very interested in getting an EV, which seems very difficult,
      >even in So Cal. I tried contacting Solectria for info and they said
      >they're selling the car business to another company. Anyone know
      >anything about this?
      My understanding is that Solectria is simply out of the EV
      conversion/manufacturing business and now only selling components, mostly
      to OEMs. I hated to see that, and would be glad to know that someone is
      taking up their EV manufacturing/conversion business. I like my '92 Solectria.

      >3. What does a new Force cost? Does it include a charger?
      All Forces that I've seen had on-board chargers. Mine cost about $40,000
      new in '92.

      >4. What kind of warranty is provided? Is service available in San
      >Diego area?
      No Idea.

      >Thanks!
      >Andrew