      From: Stephen Taylor
      To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 8:52 PM
      Subject: Re: [solectria_ev] AH Counter

      Thanks David. Looks like you are right. Apparently there was a short as there is a little blackened area inside. Is this something I could get fixed or is the unit toast? I'm also assuming there are no replacement parts available for this anymore.

      Stephen Taylor

      David Patterson <DRPatterson@...> wrote:
      The "lump" is a filter added by Solectria on the DC to the AH meter primary feed. Mine was chared but I replaced with a 1000 ohm 1/4 watt. The capacitor is 47 ufd . The resistor als acts as a fuse in this installation. There is a 100 ma (0.1) amp inside the AH controller box under the dash. If the resistor went, you may have a short. Open counter box and check circuit board under connecto;, very close foil pattern and have seen several short there as a result of moisture.

      Hope this helps.