      From: "gjc0@..." <gjc0@...>
      To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 8:37:57 AM
      Subject: Re: [solectria_ev] Radio interference.

      Greetings:

      I have the same problem with my Solectria on the AM bands.
      FM is OK, but sometimes I cannot hear the AM channels.

      I have never explored it much, but try this. There are two main ways
      that interference happens, conducted and radiated emissions. Bring a portable transistor radio into the car and see if it experiences the same interference as your car radio.

      If the self-powered (separate batteries) radio experiences similar interference as your car radio, blame radiated interference.

      If the self-powered radio has no or significatly reduced interference, blame conducted interference (ie: Through the 12 volt system). If you have conducted interference, consider going to radio shack or wherever and getting ignition filters that splice into the 12v power going to your car radio. See if that helps.

      If your problem is radiated interference, things get more complicated, and I will not try to figure it out in this memo.

      Let us know what happens.

      Gary Carlson
      1992 Solectria Force
      ID license: AMPEATR