2280Re: What to look for when buying a used Solectria?

  • Doug Jackson
    Dec 5, 2006
      I just broke open the gearbox of the 1999 Solectria Force I just bought. It was making a lot
      of noise. What a disaster. There was at least a tablespoon full of metal filings in the bottom
      of the case. Most of the teeth on the main gear were broken. Other gears had many broken
      teeth. The box is toast. The message here is that if it makes noise, investigate. Don't ignore
      it. If you are lucky it's a minor bearing replacement. But if you ignore it, it may mean
      replacing the whole box. Over $2,000.

      --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Nick Austin <yahoo@...> wrote:
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic