2269What to look for when buying a used Solectria?
- Dec 2, 2006I am planning on buying a 97 next week. I'd be interested to hear
peoples thoughts on the cars and on what I should look at when I
examine the car. Specific questions
1. Charger - What's the best way to evaluate this? I figured I could
take a volt meter and test the voltage across it during charging.
2. Health of the Battery Pack - I figured a test drive over 5-10miles
would be reasonable. If it's cold I may have problems. Any thoughts?
3. Bearings - I understand that these need replacement every 25-50k.
What's the best way to evaluate these? Have most owners performed
these replacements, or do they others (?who) do this. How much is
4. Seal between motor and gear box - The picture I received made me
suspicious that there may be a leak here. The owner says that he
thinks it is a spill. Has this been a problem with these cars? I
suspect as long as the fluid levels in the gear box were maintained
there would be little damage.
5. Controller - I suspect a test drive will tell me everything I need
6. Is there any concern about rust in the motor?
7. Owners manual - I don't think I get one with the car has someone
put these on the internet?
- Next post in topic >>