2232Re: [solectria_ev] Power storage device.

  • Noel Adams
    Oct 22, 2006
      If I remember correctly Solectria fitted out a Force with Supercaps. The
      way they implemented them they were used to capture energy from regen, which
      they do much better than the batteries can, then feed back the energy to
      boost the current for accelleration. This did several things including
      boosting range by about 15% and levelling out current draw from the
      batteries which should help to increase battery life. I don't think they
      tested the car long enough to verify improvements in battery life. They had
      a web page about this at one time but it is long gone.

      Noel