2221Re: [solectria_ev] Power storage device.

  • Randy Saxton
    Oct 18, 2006
      I just got off the phone with Scott Thompson of Maxwell Technologies
      (first link below). They make many varieties of ultracapacitors.

      To put all this to rest, he said that ultracapacitors only hold 1/10
      (one-tenth) of the energy of lead-acid batteries (I'm guessing per
      similar volume). Their usefulness comes in the fact that they can
      provide their energy at 10 times the rate of a lead-acid battery.

      I hope this helps.

      Randy
      1996 Solectria E10