2118Re: [solectria_ev] Solectria EV Purchase Query

  • Ken Olum
    Sep 1, 2006
      From: "Rick Covert" <wd5l@...>
      Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:56:47 -0000

      I read a post of a 1998 Solectria Force for sale. The owner's asking
      price is $16,000.00. It only has 8,667 miles on it but it has been
      repainted and it has had it's batteries changed out.

      This is top dollar, but not unreasonable if the car is really
      in perfect condition. I would be concerned about the charger,
      though. Why were the batteries changed at less than 9K miles? One
      possibility is a charger problem. Another is that it sat discharged
      for years and the seller has just changed the batteries, which is
      fine, but you do want to make sure that the batteries have been kept
      charged since they were changed.

      Ken
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic