1879Re: [solectria_ev] Lead Free Solder

  • Rex Allison
    Feb 3, 2006
      The company I work at is going through the process of
      RoHS compliance. I think it is a good idea (although
      how do you make a RoHS compliant Lead Acid battery???)
      but the preliminary results we have from our first
      assembled boards is that the solder doesn't flow very
      well. Also one of the technicians has been testing the
      solder and flux and it isn't easy to work with. This
      could be based on our lack of experience.
      My undersanding is that the boards have to be gold
      plated and the solder is mostly a mix of silver so you
      won't be able to use the new solder on old boards.

      Do You Yahoo!?