1875Re: [solectria_ev] Another NLG4 Bites the Dust?

  • Tom Hudson
    Feb 2, 2006
      AFAIK, all electronic solder is an alloy of lead and tin. Plumbing
      solder is lead-free, but you don't want to use it on electronics because
      it uses an acid flux that will destroy the circuitry. Electronic solder
      uses non-corrosive rosin flux. There's also silver solder for jewelry
      and such, which is much stronger than lead solder but it typically also
      uses acid flux.

      -Tom

      --
      Thomas Hudson