      From: d. Bouton Baldridge [mailto:cfrkeepr@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 5:04 PM
      To: force_ev@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [force_ev] Battery questions

      Will,
      You seem to be the expert for Forces, thanks for replying.
      Yep 12 batteries, but just after the installation of the new set I was able
      to get up to 45 miles and now I'm stretching to get thirty. I've kept the
      cells full, and usually only go 10 miles or less per day. The new batteries
      are higher Ah than original but they don't seem to give any better
      performance than the OEM. I'm going to take the whole lot back to the dealer
      to test each one, when it gets a little warmer. My theory is if one battery
      is weak it would draw down the others after a certain voltage. I have been
      monitoring and recording the set voltage, typically after a fresh charge the
      set is 155- 158, after the two severe drain days the return voltage was
      143-144, it would seem that there should have been better performance with
      that voltage, but a bad battery would offset the no load voltage under load
      conditions. Does that seem posible?
      Bouty

      will <will@...> wrote:
      With flooded I would not expect you would see any degradation until about
      15K miles. But this depends on how deeply you are discharging the pack each
      time. The 92 only has 12 batteries, right?

      -Will