1109Re: [force_ev] More Drive System Problems

  • Aaron Birenboim
    Jan 8, 2005
      On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 18:11, pattersondr2 wrote:
      > Well, since we are comparing drive system problems.
      > On one of my 1997 Solectria's when it is "cold" and it goes into
      > regen, there is a relatively loud screeching sound from the drive
      > system, only in regen...

      could it be a side-effect of the over-voltage limit?
      These controllers limit the regen voltage.
      What if its oscillating when you are over-voltage.

      As the car warms up (or batteries loose a little charge)
      it might not hit over-voltage, and not have the
      sqeualing oscillation.

      My car bucks a bit when it hits the regen limit.
      ... or at least it did when it was working ;-(

      Just a guess...

      Check the voltage while regenning....

      --
      Aaron Birenboim \ I have an inferiority complex,
      Albuquerque, NM, USA \ but its not a very good one.