      From: Stephen Taylor [mailto:sparrow262@...]
      Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 9:15 AM
      To: force_ev@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [force_ev] Re: Drive System Problems

      If not the bearings then what in the regen mechanism might cause this sound
      to occur. Like I said it occurs during regen and during lower speed driving
      until about 35. It still seems that something during regen is causing a
      rubbing of some sort that seems to get corrected once the car gets back up
      to 35. For the past year this sound has been very consistent, happening
      almost everytime I regen and then from a stop start up again until I reach
      35. This morning using no regen at all, the sound completely disappears.

      Stephen Taylor

      Will Beckett <will@...> wrote:I don't believe it would be bearings
      in this case. You should hear the problem with regen on or off if it were
      bearings. Also, I don't think it would be a speed dependent noise. When I
      had a bearing problem it would make the noise under a load, though it was
      more obvious at lower speeds because of road noise.

      - Will

      Will Beckett
      mailto:will@...

      _____