      From: Stephen Taylor [mailto:sparrow262@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 5:45 AM
      To: force_ev@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [force_ev] Drive System Problems

      Solectria has told me that they need to do the repairs on the motor bearings
      specifically because of the gear box. They say putting the motor/gearbox
      together takes special training. Can a competent mechanic replace the
      bearings without sending the motor/gearbox unit to Solectria for reassembly.

      Stephen Taylor

      Will Beckett <will@...> wrote:
      The bearing problem I had was in the gear box but I replaced all the
      bearings including the motor. I expect the motor bearing could be a problem
      for you. The bearing are only about $25 each but replacing them requires a
      lot of work.

      - Will

      Will Beckett
      mailto:will@...