1102RE: [force_ev] Drive System Problems

  • Stephen Taylor
    Jan 5, 2005
      Solectria has told me that they need to do the repairs on the motor bearings specifically because of the gear box. They say putting the motor/gearbox together takes special training. Can a competent mechanic replace the bearings without sending the motor/gearbox unit to Solectria for reassembly.

      Stephen Taylor

      Will Beckett <will@...> wrote:
      The bearing problem I had was in the gear box but I replaced all the
      bearings including the motor. I expect the motor bearing could be a problem
      for you. The bearing are only about $25 each but replacing them requires a
      lot of work.

      - Will

      Will Beckett
      mailto:will@...