1092More Drive System Problems

  • pattersondr2
    Jan 4, 2005
      Well, since we are comparing drive system problems.
      On one of my 1997 Solectria's when it is "cold" and it goes into
      regen, there is a relatively loud screeching sound from the drive
      system, only in regen. If it were a belt drive I would say it needed
      adjusment, that kind of sound, a squeeling belt. I don't think the
      97's have belt drive. After the car "warms-up", the noise goes away
      on regen and is relatively quiet.I have not tried a test in reverse
      and cold, that may be an interesting experiment regarding shaft end
      play as discussed.

      I was suprised when I first drove my second 97; it does not do this.
      Both cars have relatively the same low milage so I don't think it is
      a wear problem on the first vehicle.

      Anyone had this problem ?

      Dave
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic