      From: sharpanil [mailto:sharpanil@...]
      Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 6:45 PM
      To: force_ev@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [force_ev] Drive System Problems

      I just purchased a 1995 Solectria from an ex EV1 owner here in
      Southern California...so now I feel officially part of the club!

      Anyway, the vehicle under full throttle makes a sharp "shuddering"
      noise and begins to "bog" down. When the throttle is reduced the
      vehicle begins to accerelate normally. It acts similar as a manual
      transmission car with the clutch slipping.

      The previous owner spoke to Solectria who said that it might be a
      motor speed sensor problem. I performed the motor speed sensor test,
      as described in the service manual. The vehicle was jacked up and I
      SLOWLY accelerated up to maximum speed. Everything seemed normal to
      me. There is periodic motor vibration noise which I assume is normal
      and not related.

      If anyone has experienced this problem or could give me advice, I
      would surely appreciate it. I am wondering if the service manual's
      description of testing the motor speed sensor is adequate enough.
      Would it be worth while visual inspecting the speed sensor? It seems
      like a lot of work to get to it.

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .