1044Zivan charger acting weird

  • umarc
    Dec 1, 2004
      Greetings, all:

      Last night when I got home after a 6-mile (8.5 amp-hour) drive, I plugged
      in my car but the charger, instead of doing its usual thing, displayed a
      yellow indication after a few seconds and began charging very slowly. It
      turned green after about an hour, having put only bout an amp hour and a
      half into the pack. I unplugged it and plugged it back in, at which point
      it displayed a red indication and started charging normally. But this
      morning the amp hour meter read 5.88, and the charger indicatoor was
      green.

      I didn't take the car out today and left it plugged it. When I got home I
      unplugged it and plugged it back in, whereupon it turned yellow after a
      few seconds and did the slow-charge thing. Now it's green again annd the
      amp-hour meter reads 4.48.

      It's acting like it thinks the batteries are already fully charged. Have
      any of y'all had this experience?

      Rob Landry
      umarc@...
    • Show all 34 messages in this topic