1005Re: [force_ev] Amp Hour meter died

  • Aaron Birenboim
    Sep 8, 2004
      fredfischer55 wrote:
      > Yesterday the AH meter in my 99 Force died: the red and green
      > discharge/recharge LED's are now both dark, the green does not flicker
      > even when charging, and the red does not flicker at all. The AH
      > display is frozen at 00.02, and very, very dim; the
      > contrast/brightness does improve during regeneration, when the green
      > LED should be flashing. Both fuses test OK: the AH fuse under the
      > hood, and the fuse inside the AH interface box beneath the steering
      > wheel. I really need a schematic. Any suggestions?

      first rule of electronics maintainence.... check the contacts!

      I's start by pulling all the wires from the AH-counter,
      cleaning them, and putting them back.

      Next step... same thing on the other end of the wires.
      (its easier to get the ones at the counter first, since
      they are all together)

      I have the pin-outs for the old Brusa 29... but I bet yours is newer...
      --
      Aaron Birenboim | This space available!
      Albuquerque, NM |
      >http://aaron.boim.com |