1004RE: [force_ev] new sound, doesn't sound good.

  • Stephen Taylor
    Sep 8, 2004
      My 1999 Force has been making noises under the same circumstances for about 5000 (started at about 17,000 miles) miles now. No noise while coasting, but when doing regen or accelerating at speeds lower than 35 or so it is easy to hear it. The noise may still be there at higher speeds, but it isn't as noticeable. It is annoying for me, because an electric car should be quiet, but it doesn't seem to be getting any worse.

      Stephen Taylor

      Will Beckett <will@...> wrote:
      About 27K and I agree it doesn't make since but I do know that other
      Solectria Forces have had to replace the bearing in their motor. I have the
      car put up on a rack and we looked at it under power and could hear the
      sound in the drive train but could not see anything. I will take Otmar out
      in it tomorrow and let him listen to it to see what he thinks. Thanks for
      your suggestions.

      -Will

      Will Beckett
      Beckett PC Solutions